The spice mix for this kebab is based on ‘advieh’, an aromatic Persian spice blend. Its gentle – feel free to turn up the heat if you prefer.
Recipe time: Prep 10 mins; Marinating 1-24 hours; cooking 10 mins
600g diced kid (or use chops)
1 small onion, coarsely grated or blended
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
50g natural yogurt
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground cardamon
½ tsp Aleppo chilli flakes (or use your prefered chilli flakes)
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Metal or bamboo skewers (if using bamboo soak in water for 30 mins first)
- Mix the diced kid with the grated onion, garlic, spices, yogurt, ½ tsp salt and a generous grind of black pepper and leave in the fridge to marinate until youre ready (this could be overnight).
- Thread the dice onto skewers (pre-soaked if using bamboo)
- Take your meat out of the fridge at least half an hour before you want to cook it.
- Grill your skewewrs over a medium hot flame for 3 – 5 minutes on each side or until beginning to char around the edges and cooked through or to your liking.
- Serve with flatbread, chopped salad and yogurt seasoned with garlic and a touch of lemon or jewelled cous-cous.