Roasted Vegetables make a great addition to all the Cabrito range but perhaps best with a roasted shoulder or leg.
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 peppers (any colour), deseeded and diced
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 tbsp whole toasted coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Big bunch of fresh herbs, coriander, parsley, dill or mint
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- In a large roasting tin, combine potatoes, carrots and onions with ½ the allspice, coriander seeds, salt and and ½ the olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and turn all the vegetables over in the pan. Roast for a further 20 minutes, until completely cooked and tender. Remove from the roasting tray and put the cooked vegetables to one side in a wide serving dish.
- In that same roasting tin, combine the aubergine, courgettes and peppers with the rest of the allspice, coriander seeds, salt and remaining olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and turn all the vegetables over and roast for another 5-10 minutes. These vegetables need to be tender and cooked but not mushy. Add to the other vegetables in the serving dish.